Friday, April 30, 2010

Moral of the story... eat treats.

Since the biggest loser thing ended I have done the following:

  • Taken a vacation where I ate like a pig, didn't regret it, but realized that I feel yucky when I eat that much at every single meal. Realized that I actually like eating "clean."

  • Come home from vacation and stopped exercising 6 times a week. Went down to 3-4 times a week.

  • I have taken weekends "off" allowing myself to eat whatever I want in moderation.

  • Eaten what I wanted when I go out to restaurants but stopped when I'm full.

  • Made clean, healthy, well ballanced meals at home and enjoyed them in fairly large portions.

  • Continued learning about what should and should not be put in my body.

  • Eaten 1 (or more) pieces of organic chocolate every day.

  • Stopped weighing myself all the time.

  • Gone out with girlfriends and eaten ice cream.

  • Enjoyed life a lot more.

Today is the first time I weighed myself in weeks. Here is what I discovered. While I was working my bum off in the competition with NO food cheating and 6 days of grueling workouts, I lost an average of 1-2 lbs a week. After the competition (not including the vacation week where I gained 4 glorious pounds) I have lost 1-2 lbs per week: the same amount.

The moral of the story?

Eat Treats...and...Be healthy. Exercise like a mad woman 3 or 4 times a week; not more. Eat Clean 80 percent of the time, but really enjoy your other 20 percent without guilt. Value your body enough to put good wholesome things in it; even if they cost more at the grocery store. One visit to the scale a month is plenty.

I think I have learned some really valuable lessons since January; things that have changed my life and my family's life. I have the healthiest relationship with food and with my body that I have had in my entire adult life.

And now, for some more dark chocolate pomegranates in my greek yogurt for breakfast!

1 comment:

Cami said...

These are some great discoveries.

I enjoy your posts a lot.