Friday, April 16, 2010

Drama Forever

Today I'm thinking about Nate. I always do in April. On the 2nd and the 16th. His birthday and deathday. Has it really been 12 years since he died? And yet it seems like so long ago. I was driving through Alpine the other day and had a memory of all of us together being silly. Nate being Nate. I wonder where he'd be right now. How many kids would he have? How would he be changing the world? I like to think that he'd be married with a couple of kids and that we'd all get together on the weekends and that we'd run a community theater- the best one around of course, because we really were the best! (You can say that 15 years later right?) I love all of my friends so much. I love hearing about their lives and seeing them go places. It is so shitty that I don't get to go to Nate's wife's baby showers, Doug didn't get to go to his Bachelor's party, we don't double date, or have barbecues with our kids running around together in the backyard. It's just not fair. And I know that life isn't. And I know it was never in the cards. But I still think about it. All the time.

Anyway, we love you Nate. Drama Forever.

Here are some pictures from High School. Sadly, after Nate died, I pulled out all the awesome pictures of Nate, of Nate and me and of all of our friends for a video montage we made. They got separated from my other pictures and I don't know where they are! My favorite was a picture of a bunch of us on Choir Tour in DC in a big pile on the ground, all tangled up together laughing our heads off. It's just who we were.


After Nate's Funeral, 1998.

Our Cheezey Prom Chauffer 1997

Classic Nate 1994

Best Actors? Um, yes, if I do say so myself! 1997

This was a picture I acquired AFTER getting married. I found it in Doug's things. That is my bum. That is Nate. Doug was the photographer I think. Classy guys, seriously classy. Choir Tour 1997


This was Sadie Hawkins 1997. Sadie Hawkins is supposed to be the dance where the girl buys the boy a matching T-shirt. We bought our dates matching 1970's prom attire. It was awesome. We rocked the dance.

It's bittersweet to look at this picture. Nate is gone. We lost Sue (our friend Jeff's mom) just last month. And yet, we were so happy. Prom 1997

2 comments:

Cami said...

A touching post.
Some people never leave us.

Anonymous said...

He was one of the great ones... Well, still is.. I find myself thinking of him often. It is great to be married to someone who knew him so we can reminisce together.. Funny how Jake was the person who drove me to Nate's funeral. I feel like my mission to Taiwan was Nate's doing, maybe he brought Jake and I together as well... I like to think that at least. Thanks for a trip down memory lane... Oh and I have a picture of DC too and everytime I look at it I laugh... HARD!