One final look at the beautiful beach as we head off the coast on our way to Portland. We stopped at Pig and Pancake along the way!
My family. My sweet little family.
Hailey and Mamma at the Octopus tree.
Beautiful Octopus Tree.
Come my friends and I will lead you to heaven. It's Powell's Books. All 5 levels. In all its glory.
The rare book room. We spent 4 hours here and didn't come close to seeing it all. Powell's receives 2,000-6,000 used books EVERY DAY. Plus all the new titles you can imagine. Truly heaven.I didn't take pictures of the last day. We swam and ate at The Flying Pie in Boise. If you're looking for amazing pizza, make sure you stop at The Flying Pie. We had a Chile Lime Chicken Pizza and a more traditional Supreme type pizza. They even have a habanero pizza for the brave folks who don't value their intestinal lining.
And so, for those who have stuck with me through the past few days of these posts, my point is: It was an amazing trip. One I'll savor forever. My babies are glorious. My husband, such a good friend to me. The coast was everything I'd hoped as was the house. I hope the pictures of our next big family vacation will be a bit more colorful... our family a bit bigger... we'll see.
-C

3 comments:
That book store does look incredible.
That Octopus tree belongs in a novel.
Fun. Thank for sharing and sparking memories! That is a beautiful vaca...
Looks a bit colder for you all, which I can't imagine...the brrrr last summer was enough to keep me out of the water!
But beautiful none the less.
Glad you got to see the sea creatures. They are so beautiful; colorful!
By any chance did you see the beautiful Red Barn coming or going from the coast...a favorite of mine!
Happy that you have traveled and are safely home.
Wow, you really know how to make the most of Oregon! Looks and sounds like you all had so much fun, makes me want to start planning a trip to see Jesse and Jake.
Post a Comment