Monday, April 12, 2010

Oregon 2010: Day 6

Family at Ecola State Park
Libbs and Mom at the beach.

Doug kept calling me Ted Kazinski when I donned my hood but it was so cold that being compared to the Unibomber was fine with me.
I LOVE this picture.
...and this one too.
Ecola.
Looking at Cannon Beach.
Terrible Tilly.
Outside Rosanna's Cafe. My sweet girls.
Three Capes.
Isn't this family cute?
Yes, Hailey, I'd love a flower!
The family at Cape Lookout. One good thing about going to Oregon in April is that we could go for hours on the beach without seeing a soul!
Funny Libby.
Do you see an agate?
Cape Lookout. This is a very special place for me. The last time I was here was in 2001 for a Family Reunion. I stepped onto the beach the morning of this picture almost 9 years later and was overcome with equal measures joy and melancholy. It was so beautiful and I swear my grandma was with me because as I combed the beach I found tons of agates! My grandma taught me about agates. I miss her.

3 comments:

Liz said...

WOW! You have a lot of award winning photos. Must have been an award winning vacation! Glad you came home safe and to such pampering by Doug's mom! You are so blessed to have her as your mother-in-law!

Cami said...

Yes, a VERY cute family!
Again, such wonderful scenic photos!

rachel said...

What a LOVELY place! I have a feeling muses were around every beautifully scenic corner on your vacation. I'm sure you got some amazing writing done. So glad you were able to experience this. And I LOVE the girls raincoats and boots. They are DOLLS!