Monday, April 12, 2010

Oregon 2010: Day 7

See? There in the distance? It's Heceta (Heh-see-tuh). Magical Heceta.
The sea lion caves. An experience that I don't need to repeat. (Which I told myself last time but I mean it this time!) It's so smelly!

The girls LOVED playing on the bronze sea lions.
Libby Sue
Heceta Head Lighthouse
Doug and I took a very similar picture to this one nine years, 2 kids, and many moons ago. I loved revisiting Heceta and reminiscing on the magical time we had there.
A view of the b and b from the lighthouse.
The b and b which sits perched atop a cliff where the ocean waves crash madly. They have a croquet set so that you can play. They provide you with a basket for berry picking and a flashlight for latenight walks to the lighthouse. This picture is also here to convince my girlfriends of needing to take a girls trip here!

Yaquina Bay Lighthouse
We saw all sorts of cool stuff in the tidepools.
Starfish, Sea Anenomes, Sea Urchins, Hermit Crabs, Coral, Mussells... Just to name a few.
Pretty.
At the top of Yaquina Head Lighthouse reflected through the lens.
The Awesome Lens.
Hailey on the stairs up to the top of Yaquina. There are over 100 steep stairs and Hailey did it twice. Once with me and once with dad. Libbs was too little to go up.
Yaquina Head Lighthouse
Hi Mom