Saturday, January 9, 2010

30th Birthday Recap

I was dreading this birthday, but it went so well. It was a great day. Thanks to everyone who thought of me. I was really touched. I had over a hundred calls, emails, posts, visits, deliveries and well wishes. Doug got me the 2 glee soundtracks and a flatbed scanner for my family history work. My mom and Morgan sent me flowers and a bracelet, Crystal brought me flowers, My visiting teacher Julie brought me ice cream, Amber gave me awesome eyelashes, Rob and Er gave me a Jazz Jersey and the Pioneer Woman Cookbook, Grandpa, John and Leila gave me cash, but I have to say that being loved by everyone was the best gift of all!

I spent the morning napping while Libby snuggled me and we watched movies. I was tired from my night before in the ER. Then I went to an impromptu lunch with Amber, Leila came for an afternoon visit and that night I went to Red Iguana and to the Jazz game with my little family and my brother's little family. I went to lunch on Thursday with my Aunt and Friday with Julie and Adrienne. I think tomorrow I'll make a cake and blow out some candles as that's the one thing I didn't get to do. Soon it will be a fire hazard to do candles...

6 comments:

Camryn said...

I had to catch up on your last post and I have to say, between your b-day and your anniversary--You've been busy!

Goddness girl! I hope everything is going better and that you had a happy birthday! I wish you the best!

Crystal said...

I'm glad it was a good day, Chris! I hope you got the gift certificate too? It was in the card. So, does that mean you are you joining me in the eyelash world?

LeShel said...

great birthday!
Sorry to hear about your ER trip. I'm glad you had some good company. Hope you won't be back there soon.

Liz said...

I didn't realize there were so many color options in Jazz attire...
I don't really follow the Jazz so I am clueless when it comes to anything about them.
Glad you had a wonderful birthday.
I had heard about your E.R. visit through Leila and we have been praying for you.

Jenney Rees said...

Happy (late) Birthday! It sounds like it was a good one! You have such a cute family.

Cami said...

Sounds like a lovely day.
Welcome to the 30s. They're not so bad.