These were my resolutions for 2009. Here's a recap and how I did. I'll say right now that unexpected health problems totally derailed me in so many areas. At least it'll make next year's list easy. Can you say copy and paste? I was feeling like such a failure about it yesterday but then I decided not to make a new resolution to not be so hard on myself. Still, for the sake of accountability, here it is:
Spiritual
Attend the temple once a month
I made it only seven times. Yes, I do live less than three miles from a temple.
Read the entire Book of Mormon again
Nope.
Read Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage
75 pages
Accomplish deeper spiritual goals outlined in my journal.
Yes and no. But I think I really can say that in so many ways I am a better person.
Health
Lose 7 lbs
Or gain 20. Being chronically ill is awesome for weight loss, lemme tell ya.
Make healthy meals for my family
Yes, I actually did master this one thanks in large part to Amber and our meal planner. I've become a much better and more consistent and more healthy cook this year.
Run the entire 5K during the Race for the Cure
HAHAHA. That's a good one.
Purchase and learn how to use a food dehydrator
Yes
Take an iron pill and a multivitamin every day
Nope. I need to though. I'm bad.
Eat 3 well rounded meals daily
Nope, not unless you count diet coke and chocolate for breakfast and lunch as well-rounded.
Stop Chewing Ice
Yes, when we finally found out how seriously anemic I was and after fifteen weeks of IV iron treatments, the desire went away!
Family
Have a weekly date with Doug- even if it's at home.
Nope but we did go out every month which was an improvement.
Put Hailey on some sort of Rules/Chore/Reward/Discipline system and stick to it.
Kind of, minus the stick to it part. I think I finally found a system that works. We'll see.
Teach Hailey to read well
Yes, Hailey is an excellent reader.
Resurrect Fun Fridays (where I take the day off of everything except the kids. Hailey's current schedule in school will make this harder but not impossible!)
Nope, I was such a sit on my rear mom this year. Stupid surgery.
Stick to the budget I developed
Kind of. I did so much better than I ever have!
Learn to "saavy shop"
Yes! I'm doing so well on finding good deals and planning around them on our menus.
Intellectual and Personal
Read 52 books
47 full books read. I started about ten others but never finished them.
Write a novel
I only made it half way on one and half way on the other, but I have written a lot.
Touch the Ocean
Yes, on our Cruise to Catalina. I even snorkeled for the first time!
Conquer a fear
Yes. I was so afraid of having surgery and I did it!
Accomplish something great
Not really
Take a class
Yes, I went to Writers at Work!
Learn how to use my camera
I learned a little bit more!
Make at least 3 really good friends in my new neighborhood
Yes!
Get my house and yard to reflect who we are. Make this house a home.
Yes to the house, no to the yard.
2 years ago

2 comments:
Well I think you had an awesome list and did awesome things despite your set backs. Good job, Chris!
Wow- I am really impressed. You really accomplished A LOT even with all you've been through. I would like to talk to you about your healthy menu for your family. That is a 2010 goal for me for sure.
Post a Comment