Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 Entertainment

So, ever since Amber showed me how to make my blog into a printed journal I've been a big copycat of her blog. She has great ideas that I would love to have for posterity. So copying her idea I am listing my favorite media of 2009. Oh, and Amber, never forget that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.


Books
It's been a great year for books and me. I've loved so much of what I've read this year and haven't had very many duds. Here are my favorites of the year:
The Shadow of the Wind
The Road
The Life of Our Lord
Ethan Frome
These is My Words
Safekeeping
A Three Dog Life
On Writing
Gone with the Wind
Writing Down the Bones
The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio
Everyone is Beautiful
The Woman in Black
The Gurnesey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

My absolute favorite book of the year was Gone with the Wind. I can't believe I haven't read it before. It was amazing. The worst book that I read this year was Chasing Harry Winston. BLECH. I can't believe this came from the same person who wrote the funny and very witty The Devil Wears Prada.


Movies
Monsters vs. Aliens
Hannah Montanna: The Movie
17 Again
Up
The Proposal
(500) Days of Summer
Julie and Julia
The Time Traveler's Wife
Bright Star
The Blind Side

My favorite Movie of the year was definitely The Blind Side. It's about the heart of a mother. I totally related to the AWESOME main character (soft heart, but in your face. Loved her.). You must see it. On the flip-side, please skip The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past which is the WORST movie I saw this year!


TV
Modern Family
Dancing with the Stars
Lost
Greys Anatomy

My favorite new show is Modern Family. I love watching it with Doug. We love the idea that families come in all shapes, sizes, colors, ages. Everyone comes with their own baggage and at the end of the day they all just love each other. I don't watch a ton of TV so I don't really have a show I hate to watch.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Love this idea! Watch for more copy catting!

heidikins said...

I read "These is My Words" this year and absolutely loved it. Love love love.

xox

LeShel said...

cool! i want info on how to turn my blog into a paper copy of my journal.

Liz said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL year of entertainment, with a few duds!