Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Letter 2009

Gardiner Family Christmas Letter
December 23, 2009

Our dear family and friends,

Last year we were buried in boxes at Christmastime and so it has been two years since our last Christmas letter. We hope this finds you all well and happy, surrounded by people you love.

It’s been an interesting time for our little family. In 2008 we said goodbye to our home in Eagle Mountain and hello to Cedar Hills. It has been our home for most of our nine married years. We miss our friends and home dearly but I have to admit that we love the (lack of) commute and feel right at home nestled in between our two hometowns.

Doug is the Marketing Director for Seagull Book which he enjoys. He is in the Elder’s Quorum presidency in our enormous ward. I think that his favorite thing about living here is the proximity to American Fork Canyon and the Mountains of Cedar Hills. I love looking up at the hills and knowing that he and his new Mountain Bike are up there breathing in nature. He still refuses any sort of social media so don’t even bother trying to friend him on facebook.

It has been an interesting year for me (Christie) as I have experienced some pretty serious challenges with my health. I’ve been taught and humbled. After my major surgery this year I look forward to feeling better. Still, there has been time to find joy; most often in my sweet little girls and husband. I love my book club, my family history work, writing for the Utah Jazz and working on my version of the Great American Novel.

Hailey is six years old and in the first grade. She is an avid reader and her vocabulary only grows. She has “retired” from dance for the time being and is now in gymnastics. She’s taken art classes, and swimming lessons. At parent teacher conferences I was happiest to hear not of her perfect grades but of her kindness to the underdog. She is nice to everyone (and we admit, more than a little bossy too).

Libby is two and a half and all of the sudden I don’t have a baby anymore, which she constantly reminds me. She is learning how to use the potty and the whole thing disgusts her quite frankly. She started really talking this year and we had no idea how much she was understanding us! She loves singing, coloring and if there is music anywhere you can bet that she’s dancing.

To you: We love you. We pray for our friends and family always. We love hearing from and about you.
We end our letter with a plea. Due to some challenges, we are looking to adopt. If you hear or know of anyone looking for an adoptive family, please send them our information. We have set up a blog in hopes of finding a new little one to join our family http://www.buildingaforeverfamily.blogspot.com/ .

Our best wishes for a very happy 2010.

With Love,
Doug, Christie, Hailey and Elisabeth Gardiner

http://www.christiegardiner.blogspot.com/
http://www.buildingaforeverfamily.blogspot.com/
http://www.jazzbots.com/

1 comment:

Liz said...

Happy 01012010! May it be a blessed year full of joy and happiness for your family.