Dearest Readers of my Musings,
I haven't had Television in my home for almost six years. I rent my TV from netflix. I have considered getting it back in the past couple of months. Last night while watching the superbowl I was stunned at what is allowed on primetime television during a family type television show- the Superbowl.
After watching the inexcusable filth that Go Daddy chose to air on their commercials during the Superbowl last night, I've decided to launch a complaint. If you also disagree with companies showing commercials that are unintelligent, simpleminded excuses for advertising during what is traditionally a family television event, you can help! Here is the form from the FCC. Fill it out and fax it to 866-418-0232 or email it to fccinfo@fcc.gov .
Thanks. As mothers we cannot sit idly by as our children's and our own minds are polluted with this ignorant mockery of our intelligence!
http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/FORM475B.PDF
Forward this to everyone you know! Remember the words of Hellen Keller:
“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.”
Thanks,
Christie
2 years ago

2 comments:
Oh and one more thing... if you have any domain names with Go Daddy, transfer them to another server!
While I am all for promoting worthy causes, and find no more worthwhile cause than that of my childrens protection, I wasn't at all surprised that the commercials during the Superbowl were any less than what they were. That said, I do agree with your position that to do something is appropriate and necessary from the standpoint of motherhood and in the interest of governing what we offer our children; particularly from within the protective walls of our own homes.
We can not control what the world is becoming but we can control what we allow our children to be exposed to within our homes. And we best help our children when we teach them how to respond to the world that they most certainly will be exposed to.
I was indeed really frustrated with some of the so called "entertainment", but didn't find it surprising based on it being a sporting event which assures that over 50% of the advertising will always be girls and beer.
And who can forget the Janet Jackson exposure from a few years back. While that incident got a lot of attention it paved the way for more indecency.
The only thing certain in our uncertain world is that we have to be prepared to weather the storms that will battle our barges.
And the forecast for our childrens future is certain to be torrential as we have been promised in the scriptures that our preparation for the Savior to return is paved with tribulation.
I wish that I could send my kids to school knowing that they will only be offered what I would want for them, but knowing that is not the world that we live in I send them off with an umbrella of faith and coats of the armor of God, and as for what I offer them in the home; Family Home Evening, prayer, fathers blessings, and often times turning off the TV, or finding something else for them to do if I HAVE to watch something that can't be tivo'd for later.
I agree with you wholeheartedly that what our children were "exposed" to during the Superbowl was atrocious, and I am happy to stand steadfast and immovable with you on the position that it was inappropriate and inexcusable.
May many voices be heard and firm that our children are worth it, and for times when the world refuses to pave a path of ease, my hope is that I have prepared them to weather the storm.
Post a Comment