Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Cookies

Every Valentine’s day growing up, we would make these cookies by the hundreds and take them to all our neighbors. I’ve continued the tradition with my family. I’ve modified the frosting a bit from when I was little. Yesterday (because today is Saturday) we went visiting and dropping off our cookies. We started at Doug's work where the girls were a big hit! His office looks forward to their valentines day visit every year!

Christie's Family Valentines Day
Sour Cream Sugar Cookies with Amaretto Frosting
Cookies
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
½ Cup butter
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
4 C flour
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs. Beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with sour cream. Add vanilla. Mix well. Roll out ½ inch thick. 375 for 8-10 minutes.
Frosting
1 Cube Butter
4 oz cream cheese
¼ to 1/3 cup cream
1 tsp Almond flavoring
Powdered sugar to desired consistency
Food Coloring if desired

6 comments:

LeShel said...

I so want some of them delivered my way. They sound yummy! Those cute cupids that drop them off must wow the crowds! What a great tradition.

Crystal said...

And they were so yummy. For real. Thanks Chris!

Jeana said...

It's wonderful to carry on traditions--your kids will thank you for it.

si tu veux said...

very nice. love traditions.

Steve and Jen said...

Hey Christie, saw your blog on Hillary's so I thought I would see what you are up to.
Your cookies look so yummy, I have a sour cream cookie recipe that we love too! Baking is so fun with girls. And your girls are SOOO darling! Hope life is going well for you!
Love JENNY WILLIAMS
If you want to take a peak our blog is fourfruitcakes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a "sweet" tradition. We have the same one at our house. I LOVE sugar cookies!