I hate cold sores. HATE them! I haven't had a cold sore in 2-3 years. The other day I thought "Wow I haven't had a cold sore in 2-3 years!" Then I just know that my thoughts willed it to happen. (The problem with "self actualization") I felt it yesterday and by this morning I am a leper. It's so big I've named it. Bruce. It may even have it's own moon and weather system. I can usually get rid of my cold sores by taking Lysine at the first sign. I don't think that it worked this time though as I'm a little weary of taking the Lysine ever since I accidentally overdosed on it the last time I had a cold sore. I had to call poison control and nearly ended up with my stomach pumped. I took 10,000 mg of Lysine. What? I didn't want a cold sore. Yeah, the poison control people didn't understand either. Ah well, I get to deal with this little beauty for the next 7 days. Yippee. For those who also suffer, here's a link to a very helpful site with home remedies. One is even to say a special chant over your cold sore and soak it in Tea Tree Oil. Hmmmm. I'm off to chant!
http://susangaer.com/studentprojects/coldsore.htm
2 years ago

3 comments:
Sorry Chris, that stinks, especially having it's own weather system and all.
I'm still getting used to them ever since Disney World brought them on. I've had two since then. And although I don't have much experience with them yet in this life, I swear by what I've done to get rid of them so far, because they've never stayed more than the next day. The very first day I feel it coming in, I sterilize a needle, hop in the shower with a hand mirror and pop it and let the hot shower wash away whatever is inside. Then I use Abreva or Releev (that stuff we got in Florida) and it's gone the next day. Not even a blister or a scab to deal with.
Good luck!
What a great post! Sorry I haven't been by for a few work has been crazy busy! ♥ Hugs :)
Dr. Gardiner...you failed to mention your recent "self-surgery"!!! Hmmmmmm!
Sorry about your cold sore, that stinks!
Post a Comment