Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Mothers in my Life

Being mother's day, I am turned towards thoughts of the Mothers that have shaped my life. These are the women who have taught me about God, His Son, and how to be a woman. I could go on for pages about each of these women, but today I wanted to focus on just a few of the many things that each have taught me. Of course these aren't all of the mothers that have shaped me. I have aunts, friends, leaders, authors and heroes that have also mothered me into the person I am.

My Mom
My mom taught me that our joy is our sorrow, that no matter the outcome the favor is the same, to try to say "yes" whenever possible, that whatever it is you want- you can start with nothing and make it into something amazing.

My Mother in Law
Leila has taught me the value of selfless service, how to look at newspaper ads for grocery shopping and other budgeting tips, when and what to plant in my garden, how to be a good listener.

My Stepmom
Mary taught me to love crafts- she'd let me pick out something to work on each summer, about cooking and keeping an orderly home, taking care of those in your ward, and love of the library.

My Grandma
My Grandma taught me to love gardening and the beauty of making things grow, to keep on, that laughing can go a long way in making whatever's wrong okay, to be there when people need you.

Doug's Grandma
From Grandma Hansen I've learned that you have the right to a blessing whenever you demand it, contemplating murder of your husband is okay- as long as you don't go through with it, a lot of things can be overcome for true love, if you don't know how to drive a car- you shouldn't be convinced to try.

Happy Mother's Day.

5 comments:

Amber Gardiner said...

You're so thoughtful in your blog's. That was lovely!

Mike said...

Amazing women!

Anonymous said...

Christie...you are so lucky to have such wonderful mother figures in your life. I know your mom, Jane and she is AMAZING & SUPER TALENTED. I also knew your grandmother. How blessed to have such good examples in your life. Happy Mother's Day to you also. You are a wonderful mom as well.
Pam Taylor

It"s me said...

So well said!

Erin Axson said...

It is so powerful to think of all of the moms that have shaped and molded us into the women that we are and will become!