Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Marrying a Family

They say that when you marry someone you marry their family. I'm so glad that I married Doug's family. I love them all and I feel like we are at a really good place of mutual love, respect and appreciation for each other. I would be lost without them. When I married Doug I got the sister I never had, the world's best grandma for my children, and I feel like I get to have a glimpse of what it's like to have a dad close by- not to mention each individual person and what they bring to my life.

We've been getting together for Family night once a month. This month we decided to go to Grandma and Grandpa Hansen's house for a yard clean up. I can think of no better way than service, sunshine and doughnuts to spend family night.

No family is perfect because no one person is perfect. But for nonperfection, there's no one family I'd have rather married.

2 comments:

Amber Gardiner said...

You're so sweet Sister of my Heart!

Crystal said...

It's very neat that you feel that way. I wish I had that in my life.