A silver lining of trials is that it is often in hard times that you get to see the people who truly love you. In my favorite musical "Les Miserables" there is a line that says, "To Love Another Person is to See the Face of God." The past two weeks have been pretty much a nightmare, but we have seen the face of our Father in Heaven as we have seen our family, friends and neighbors step up and sacrifice for us.Starting Last Week:
- Julie- Took my kids- several times, made us dinner and cinnamon rolls.
- Amy, Shannon and Debbie- Came over and packed my kitchen
- My Mom drove all the way from St. George bringing her trailer and packed her rear off for two days.
- The Young Women showed up to help me pack.
- Book Club Girls- VLD's in tow came and spent a night packing
- The Husbands of the Young Women's Presidency came and carted out the first load of the heavy stuff.
- Adrienne spent 2 days helping pack and move books, curtains, and accessories.
- Robert and Erin spent all day Saturday packing, reminiscing and helping me load the trailer.
- The other women in the YW presidency picked up my slack on Tuesday and took over my combined activity.
- Robert came again on Tuesday night and stayed until 1:30 a.m.!
- In spite of the fact that Grandma Hansen's funeral was on Tuesday, Leila came first thing Wednesday morning and spent the day helping me.
- Wendy hired me a cleaning service so that I don't have to clean the house!
- Our neighbor Jeff came over to consult with me on our entertainment center and offered his trailer to us.
- Amber brought pizzas and insisted she take the kids for the entire day yesterday so that we could get things done. She had them for 9 hours!
- Thomas took his one bereavement day off from work and sacrificed a day with his family (Thank you April!) to come and help us all day yesterday, even saving me from being stung by a bee and getting stung himself!
- The Elder's Quorum (I can't name them all for fear of forgetting someone, but they know who they are!) showed up in record numbers and somehow managed to get the undoable done and got our entertainment center out in reassembleable pieces!
- After having a total mental breakdown John (H) thoughtfully sat me down and had a good talk with me that made me feel like stepping away from the ledge.
Last night when Hailey and I were talking. She said, "I love this house and I never want to leave it." I had to remind her that all that matters is each other, and that we can do hard things. So I end this post with this... I can do hard things. I can do this.

6 comments:
I am glad that so many angels stepped in to help. You certainly CAN do hard things. You've conquered many and will continue to do so.
You are amazing and I love our ward. There are so many loving and sacrificing people. We are going to miss you, I am sad that I didn't have the chance to know more of you. Take care of that beautiful family of yours...
You are so beautiful! Hailey and Libby are lucky to have such a great mom. God will bless you and watch over you , during this time of many changes.
Drove by your house today. It looked dark and sad. I don't know if it is because the flowers are dying or if the light from within has been turned off.
I miss the thought of you not being around the corner.
Have you looked in Point Lookout? 4 big house available and Diane said she thought you could get one for about $240,000. Just a thought
Oh, Chris, you've done lots of hard things in your life, and done them with grace and class. This will be no different.
~L
Christie, I enjoy reading your blog! I'm not sure if you follow mine, but I am going private. If you would like to be able to see mine, email me at takadre@hotmail.com and I will invite you. Tammy Dresen
Post a Comment