We sold our house and have to be out in 2 weeks. We spent the day on Saturday in a very frustrating house hunt. Today is my last day to decide... We were given some advice from on high to ask for people's opinions, so what's yours?
1. A downgraded house closer to Doug's work, (AF, PG, Cedar Hills, Highland etc.) that is not as nice, equal to less square footage with a smaller yard with no renters and an easy monthly payment?
2. The equity builder house which isn't finished in PG which wouldn't be able to be occupied for 45-60 days and would require us to have renters so as not to be house poor but would give us the biggest chance for equity?
3. A big beautiful house (all the upgrades you could imagine including a video surveilance system) in Saratoga Springs in a pretty nice neighborhood with the same horrible commute day after day that made me want to move in the first place, but an equal house payment to our current home?
2 years ago

10 comments:
Just in addition to what I already posted at the other place...I don't personally see the point to #3. If it negates the entire purpose of originally wanting to move, I wouldn't go for that. I would leave that as a last resort if you can't find anything else. Just for what it's worth.
I guess with logic #2 sounds the BEST to me. However, it is your decision and I know it will be made with prayers of yours and all family. Then the Lord will guide you to the right place for you to be. In His time and for His reasons. We love you and will pray for you.
Aunt Liz
With the tough economic times and uncertainty of the economy, I say go with the safe bet, number 1, and make it into your dream home over time.
Or you could go with doubling the size of the 3rd home and get an interest only ARM assuming that the value is going to triple in 1 year like the rest of these jokers out there. Better yet get a Negative Amortization loan so that you can owe twice as much as you bought it for in 10 years.
My assessment would be to go through door #1. Personally, I think the economy is in a scary place right now, and with the way the election will probably go, it is going to get worse. . . . I love being gloom and doom, but it's the order of the day for me lately :)
Wow.. That is hard!
Wow, congrats on such a quick sale. My advice is to do what makes you happy and gives you the least amount of stress.
It is a hard choice between the three options you have, but in the long run, what do you want the most? Good luck on a tough decision.
I would go for option #1. I would much rather go on trips and be able to have fun toys than have a big house. A big house is just more to clean.
I would not go for option #3 if it was the commute that made you want to move in the first place.
Well, your inspiration to move was to get in a home with more equity. So, door number 2 suits that purpose. However, finishing a house might take a while and be more expensive than estimated.
Are there no options of houses with more equity, less commute that are also finished?
I would think you could find one in this market for sure. So, my advice - find an option #4, because I really think it is out there!
Just so you know Michael David Livesay is the biggest joker in the entire Hansen family. He always has something to say that makes you wonder, i.e.
"Or you could go with doubling the size of the 3rd home and get an interest only ARM assuming that the value is going to triple in 1 year like the rest of these jokers out there. Better yet get a Negative Amortization loan so that you can owe twice as much as you bought it for in 10 years."
Christie, the bishop and I are so sad to see you leave. We love you guys soo much. I know with the Lord's help you will make the right choice. If you want a distraction, Marla and Wendy have intoduced me to tagging. Look at my blog and play. Love ya!!
Post a Comment