As many know we are awaiting word on the passing of Doug's Grandma Hansen. Although she is in a lot of pain and we don't want her to suffer anymore we are obviously very sad. I've never understood people saying that it's okay when someone dies because________(fill in the blank) she'll be happier... it was her time...she has another work to do...etc. Of course they'll be happier, of course there is work for them to do. We know that. We don't cry for them. We cry for us and because it is fact that as deep as was our joy, so is our sorrow.
When Lazarus had died Jesus asked Martha if she believed that Lazarus would live again. She said that she knew he would live again, but it didn't stop her grief. And what was our Savior's response, even though he had all power and would shortly raise Lazarus from the dead? The scriptures tell us that He, the Savior, "groaned in the spirit and was troubled." And it is from this story in the scriptures that we read the telling scripture, "Jesus Wept." Why then did he weep? Not for Lazarus. He wept for Martha.
So yes, I know that Grandma is suffering and that she'll be happier and that she has work to do etc. but today I weep. I weep for my husband. I weep for his mother. I weep for his Grandfather.
I am so thankful to have the knowledge of the gospel. I'm thankful to know that our Savior has redeemed us all that we may all come forth and live again, reunited with our bodies in a perfected state. But even though this miracle of the Savior is true and death will be conquered, I'm grateful that I have a Savior that weeps. In spite of it all, He weeps with us- because he loves us.
2 years ago

3 comments:
Christie, thanks for your thoughtful expression to the family. It was good to see Doug yesterday. How are you? Hope the move is going well, and again, thanks.
Thanks for the thoughts. It's such truth.
Thanks for the beautiful reminder. I am sorry for what you and your family are giong through right now.
Post a Comment