Whenever my stepmom feels like she is whining and complaining she'll say "I'm going to go coddle myself an egg." I honestly have no idea what that means, but whenever I feel like whining I say it too because of her. (Mary, if you are out there in cyberland, feel free to explain the phrase!) I am blessed. Beyond words. But sometimes a girl just feels like whining. And so dear reader, I warn you that within this post I will in fact be "coddling myself an egg." This is how I choose to break my two week blog silence.
I NEED A HOUSE! LIKE YESTERDAY! My inlaws are truly amazing. They've opened up their home and have been so kind. It's not that it isn't wonderful here it's that I need MY home if that makes any sense at all.
DEEP BREATH...
Libby cries herself to sleep even though at home she pointed to her bed and said "bed" at which point you'd lay her down and she'd go to sleep. Hailey prayed that I would find her a house so that she can find her favorite stuffed animal. I am so very sick of being in the car for hours every day running Hailey to school, doing YW, going to my meetings at Hidden Hollow etc. Plus every day I have to drive past my house in Eagle Mountain and every day it makes me cry. I need my stuff. The Holidays are coming and if I don't have a home there is nowhere for my family (mom etc.) to gather for Christmas and that is a HUGE deal to me. My life is out of control and I hate instability. Doug and I are different to each other. I'm sure that we're just stressed out, but I kind of miss him.
Boo Hoo, Woe is me. I guess I'll go coddle myself an egg.
2 years ago

14 comments:
I know how frustrating it is not to have your own space, even though relatives are are wonderful. I hope you find a home soon!
cHriSTie, sorry you are going through so much.
I do wish that somehow I could help.
I don't know that there is anything I can say.
A fellow blogger sent me this song:
when she cries, Britt Nicole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW2c4j7SeKI&eurl=http://pessimisticallyoptimisticme.blogspot.com/
Maybe not, but it sure seems to describe the break I feel.
...the storm before the peace...
God is watching over you. [me too]
(I shouldn't comment when I am up late. oh my.) should i publish?
anywho:
I thought of what you
are feeling right now,
a commenter said:
God is always there. Run to Him whn ur hurting, he is always listening when it doesnt seem like it, thats wat this song talks about, and i love it. i think of it as a reminder when im afraid or something.
God Bless you :)
It's crazy how the choice can be so obviously right and hurt so bad. It will come together you've seen it happen in the past. Coddle the egg, let it hurt, cry, feel the pain for it is real. May you find peace in the little things that surprise you on your journey and may the current process end with good memories and possibly a good counselor to help you deal with the bad ones! Love you
If it means anything, you've held up great so far! It won't be forever, the perfect house is out there, I know it and we're all praying that you get into it before Christmas!
Hello, I just want you to know I love you! I hurt for you and I wish I could make it go away. But, I know in the not too distant future, this will be in your wonderful arsenal of stories, with a fabulous piece of self discovery as the moral. I'm here if you need me!
I am sorry about the stress... I am praying you guys can find a good home that will make up for all this stress!
WTH? I've never seen someone so invested in a comment on a blog of someone they don't know.
Chris, as someone who does know you in real life, I can say that I KNOW you've barely complained one bit. You can complain on YOUR OWN blog for a couple paragraphs however much you want and it doesn't make you ungrateful for your wonderful life in the least. And I know that about you.
Today in Relief Society the teacher made a comment about how much time Joseph and Emma spent living in other people's homes and how she has always thought it must have been kind of hard on Emma raising children that way. Not having her own space to create her own autonomy with her own things and just her own family around her. It made me think of your situation right now.
I know you appreciate your in-laws more than words are able to express. That doesn't mean it isn't tough!
I'm praying you guys find wherever it is you are supposed to be very soon.
Love you Chris!
Off topic: Above poster...example of one of the very reasons I'm making my blog private. Yeah, people have a right to form their own opinion in their head. But it's amazing how they think they can "know" anything about a person's situation just because they read a few posts on a blog. I think people like that are a little strange.
Christie, I hope you are able to find a home soon. It is so hard not to have your own place and feel at peace and have joy again with your family. Good luck!
Good luck with the housing search Christie!! You are amazing, and things will work out for you as a result. . Unfortunately our timetable doesn't always correspond with the one upstairs. I have to remind myself of this quite often :)
Oh Christie,
How I know the feeling of not having a place to call home, to feel you can belong, to leave behind a place that holds so much memories for you and your dear family. This to shall pass and one day you will be able to look back on this experience and maybe hopefully have a smile on your face when you talk about this time in your life. You will find a house again and you will make it a "HOME a place full of laughter and memories. Like Dorothy says "There is NO place like Home"! So true that is. Your are in my thoughts and prayers!!
Christie, I am soooo sorry!
Here is a poem that I wrote that I think about often:
Somedays are fun with lots of sun.
Other days rain and ruin the fun.
So when those days came that cause the pain.
Remember that flowers need BOTH sun and rain.
I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Love ya,
Marla
Post a Comment