Friday, July 4, 2008

A Word on Humility

Today I looked up the word Humble. It can be an adjective, verb, noun. My favorite definition: To Make Meek. Let's just leave it at the fact that 'Meek' isn't the first word that comes to people's minds when they think of me. I want to be more meek and so I embrace the act of being humbled. I embrace the despiration, tears, anxiety, and gut punches of life that force me to my knees in submission.

All the great and beautiful things in this world were born from adversity and must undergo painful and difficult processes to achieve their full potential. Why? To make them meek- pliable in the hands of a maker. To shape them into something better than themselves- a more brilliant whole.

Mosiah 3:19 says, "For the natural man is an enemy to God and has been from the fall of Adam and will be forever unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit and putteth of the natural man and becommeth a Saint through the Atonement of Christ the Lord and becometh as a child submisive, meek, humble, patient, full of love willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his Father."

I submit. So that I can shine brighter in His light.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Beautiful thoughts Chris. Bye they way, where have you been lately? I just feel like I haven't seen much of you online recently.

It"s me said...

Those are some wonderful thoughts! I love the way that you can put things into words!