Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dropping the Ball...

Sometimes I get so frustrated with myself. Today I dropped the ball big time. I totally spaced a major life event of one of the most important people in my life. I can't believe myself.

It's funny... just when you think you're doing well and have your ducks in a row...

Life gets so overwhelming sometimes and it seems that no matter how hard I try, I fall short. I feel like I'm pulled in so many directions.

I gave some advice to my mom once. I told her, "Maybe you should stop being a little to everyone and start being a whole lot to the people who matter most." I should take my own advice. Don't you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel bad that because you made a small mistake in your lie that you feel so down on yourself because of it. If necessary ask for forgiveness and forgive your self immediately. It does no good for such sorrow over mistakes. You are bright beautiful woman with a lot to do and many people in your life that you care about and do for. While it is important to be their for the MOST important ones in our lives sometimes we forget the MOST important events.Thansk goodness for unconditional love and forgiveness from our closeest loved ones. When I got to your web page this morning and read this, Jenny Pillips was singing and there was a feeling of peace; listen to her music and let it go. We have all been where you are at before and will be there again. Sometimes in life we do need to slow down and be more to those most important and less to everything and everyone else. Yet, there are times when that little makes a difference in their lives and it is what we are to do. YOU ARE A DAUGHTER OF GOD. He loves you and you will continue to be successful and bring joy in your life to those around you. Stop and smell His roses and remember everyone else in on the same road.

Liz said...

Have you heard "Beautiful Life" by Jenny Jordan Frogley? Find her C.D. and listen to the love our Heavenly Father has for all of us. Chin up, you are beautiful and it is heartbreaking to read that such a beautiful woman is so sad. Your talents and love for the Lord, life, self, and others is on full display on your blog and when I see you.
We all love you!
Aunt Liz

Anonymous said...

Advice from a friend, who loves you this time typed without as many errors as the first time and a few additional thoughts added at the end.
I feel bad that because you made a small mistake in your life that you feel so down on yourself because of it. If necessary, ask for forgiveness and forgive yourself immediately. It does no good for such deep personal sorrow over most mistakes. You are bright beautiful woman with a lot to do and many people in your life that you care about and do so much for. While it is important to be there for the MOST important ones in our lives sometimes we forget the MOST important events. Thank goodness for unconditional love and forgiveness from our closest loved ones. When I got to your web page this morning and read this, Jenny Phillips was singing and there was such a feeling of peace; listen to her music and let it go. We have all been where you are at before and will be there again. Sometimes in life we do need to slow down and be more to those most important and less to everything and everyone else. Yet, there are times when that little makes a difference in their lives and it is what we are to do. YOU ARE A DAUGHTER OF GOD. He loves you and you will continue to be successful and bring joy in your life to those around you. Stop and smell His roses and remember everyone else in on the same road. Look at your beautiful little ones. What would you advice and love would you give them and how would you want them to feel about their mistakes and about themselves. Think about others with less talents and blessings and if this is how you feel about yourself how must they feel as they try to put their lives and mistakes into perspective. How you would take the time to love them and build them up and help them understand who they are. (delete the first one)

Crystal said...

The most important people in our lives are also usually the ones who understand how hectic life can be and would never let things like honest forgetfulness affect their relationships with us because it's those relationships that are most precious to them as well.

I'd bet my whole bank account (whee! don't get too excited..) that whomever it is wouldn't want you to feel badly or frustrated with yourself at all because they understand, and they love you back. ;)