Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Camp Recap!

The girls and me, I just love them!
I know it sounds cliche and typical, but I really love them. I have the purest intentions of helping each one of them come to know their Heavenly Father and their Savior. I want them to know the peace that comes through him. Camp was a perfect experience for me to feel that love for them, and to share with them a little of what I know.
I have so many things to tell them, show them, give them, teach them. I want to help them to increase their testimonies, their self respect, their confidence, their work ethic. Above all I want them to know that God loves them individually and that through the storms of their lives, they will never be forgotten by Him.

My Top Ten of Girls Camp:
10: The Notes I got from the leaders and girls in our mailbox.
9: Doug's Letter from the Mailbox.
8: The Beauty of God's Good Earth.
7: The 5 mile Hike
6: Being the craziest leader in the Eagle Mountain Stake at the group activities.
5: Taking the Beehives on their Snipe Hunt initiation. I had them making "snipe calls" and everything! Classic!
4: Laughing all night with and getting to know the other leaders so much better.
3: Power Hour: our name for Devotionals.
2: Singing with them around the campfire and teaching them all the songs and games of my youth.
And...
1: Testimony meeting. Watching the seedlings of testimonies grow just a little taller.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great photos! Thanks so much for sharing!
Our girls just got back from girls camp too! It's so fun to see their testimonies grow!

Amber Gardiner said...

This is truly the calling that you were meant to have, I think you'll be a lifer because the girls will love you forever and you'll probably be the leader they'll remember the rest of their lives.

It"s me said...

It looked like you had a lot of fun. I am jealous! I wish I had a calling I enjoyed so much. I feel bad but I am counting down the weeks until I move so I can be released from my Primary calling. There are times when I really don't mind being the secretary.. but they place a lot more on my shoulders than is typical. Plus.. why is it that they always give teachers callings in the primary?