Monday, July 28, 2008

10 years!

So last week was the week of reuniting with old friends and a sentimental ninny like me couldn't have enjoyed it more. Okay, so truth be told the actual reunion was kind of lame, but seeing my friends was great.The week started with Doug attending Chad's Bachelor Party at the Days of '47 rodeo which I hear was a "hoot and a holler." The next night we had our afore-blogged barbecue. Tuesday night was my reunion and the grand finale was seeing Eliza perform at nobrow in SLC.
It was great to see everyone, but I missed Lindsay and Lauren terribly!


Finally, a word on me. I'm thrilled at where I've come in ten years. In the past I've had some issues with the fact that I haven't done what I said I was going to do. I've allowed myself to feel like a failure. Every time I've seen my friends I've felt unaccomplished and unintelligent. I'm happy to report that I'm over that!
In the past ten years I've gone to college, lived totally on my own supporting myself, stood up for what I believed in at the expense of my hopes and dreams, fell in love a few times, got my heart broken and broke a few, have travelled to foreign countries, fell in love for good, got married, saw more of the world, built a house, had a baby, worked for 9 years, helped my husband with his degree (and read all the textbooks along with him), sold my house, bought a new one, had another baby, learned to garden, learned to cook and clean, developed new friendships while treasuring the old, more travel, became a published chef, was on TV, have become involved in my community, learned to scrapbook and then made it into a career, joined the PTA, taught preschool, lost people I loved, conquered demons, survived physical trials, served my God in church assignments, got fat then skinny- fat then skinny, have read hundreds of books, and most importantly have grown leaps and bounds in my relationship with Christ and my Father in Heaven.


In short, I grew up and it's taken me a few years to be able to say this, but I love who I've become and I hope to become even better in the next ten years.

3 comments:

Amber Gardiner said...

10 years go so fast, just imagine how quickly the next 10 will go!

Crystal said...

YAY! I love this post. I'm so glad you feel that way about all the things you have done because I know we've discussed it so many times and you should be proud and content with yourself and who you are. You're amazing! I'm happy for you. I love your guts.

LeShel said...

Thanks for your post about the last ten years you've lived. It's good to hear about all that you've accomplished. I'm glad that you've overcome the demons that haunt. Those can be tough! You are a superhero