Gardiner Family Reunion RecipeTake:
1 part John and Amber + kids
1 part Thomas and April + kids
1 part Christie and Doug + kids
1 part Mom and Dad G
Stir with personalities, opinions, stubborness, kindness, laughing.
Add:
1 night of child vommitting
1 2 mile vertical Hike
2 Gigantic Thunderstorms
1 Blister
1 Child with no sleep
1 great campfire talk
1 amazing shooting star
6 toasted marshmallows
20 people in a tiny cabin
20 people in a tiny cabin
1 icky dog
1 drowning child
2 games of TTR
Mix together and bake at 100 degrees in the day and -20 degrees at night. And what do you get? A surprisingly fun family trip! Even though we're all different and see the world differently I think it's important to bond together and take trips like this.
I especially enjoyed the hike to Upper Calf Creek Falls where I was a totally brave woman, conquered my fears and cliff jumped braless into freezing cold water. It was awesome. Cleaning up vommit at 2 a.m. in a stinky Camp ground bathroom? Not so fun. The other highlight for me was Doug. I love him. He was so kind to me. He took the kids and let me sleep after our really bad night. He is such a thoughtful person. And forever I will remember these nights of tiptoeing around the camper together praying that we don't wake the kids.
When I married Doug, I married the out of doors. I'll embrace my lot in life as a camper more when my babies are a little older. Enjoy the photos!

3 comments:
You know when it is all said and done, I had a fantastic time...sometimes, I wonder if I'm the only one, but I truly enjoyed myself, my only complaint was that it ended too soon!
It sounds like you guys had a great time. I love camping, and since you are a camper yourself by marriage, maybe we could go camp together some time... When the kids are older of course. That would be a lot of fun.
I wish I was there! I love fish lake and camping!
Post a Comment