My neighborhood is doing a competition similar to the TV show THE BIGGEST LOSER. Now, not having TV I really don't know the show, but when I found out that it was a competition and that the winner will get nearly a thousand dollars, I was in. I've been so excited to see the success of everyone. Each of us is looking so much better. It's fun to talk smack to each other one day, and share our favorite healthy recipes the next.
I am highly competitive. Some of you are reading this now and thinking, "That's the understatement of the century." I love to win. I do what I can to win. If I set my mind to something, I will win. I play to win.
So you can probably imagine my complete and total disgust when I came in THIRD PLACE tonight at our 1/2 way weigh in party. I have really got to step it up a notch. And here I thought I was rocking it. I've lost 7 percent of my body weight (from when we started the contest. I had lost quite a bit more prior to that point), but apparently, that isn't enough.
I'm giving myself one day of sulking and eating out (we're going out for Irish food with friends tomorrow) and then it's back on, only to an even higher degree. I was working out 4 days a week, it will now be 6. I was eating 1200-1500 calories a day, it will now be 1000-1200. A Bronze medal just won't do. I will win, oh yes I will!

1 comment:
Hey!! You should be excited about 3rd place. I would totally come in last. My body is in denial stage again. I am doomed to never be a size 6 again!
Post a Comment