President Monson. I've loved him all my life. His devotion to each person as a unique child of God is so amazing to me. I was especially touched this time at the love and devotion he showed to his wife.

Elder Wirthlin said something totally applicable to a situation that I had this past week. What he said reminded me of the truth of the gospel.
"...they may look act think and speak differently than those around them. That sometimes causes them to assume they don't fit in. They conclude that they are not needed. Tied to this misconception is the erroneous belief that all members of the church should look talk and be alike. The Lord did not people the Earth with a vibrant orchestra of personalities only to value the pichaloes [?sp] of the world. Every instrument is precious and adds to the complex beauty of the symphony. All of Heavenly Father's children are different in some degree but each has his own beautiful sound that adds depth and richness to the whole. This variety of creation in itself is a testament of how the Lord values all of his children. He does not esteem one flesh above another but he inviteth them all to come unto Him and to partake of his goodness and he denieth none that come unto him. Black and White. Bond and Free. Male and Female. All are alike unto God."My very favorite talk was Elder Ballard's talk to young mothers. I wish I could print it all off on vinal lettering and stick it to my wall!

3 comments:
That's funny about Bro. Ballard's talk about Mother's. I can hardly wait for it to be in print because I'm going to laminate it and put it on my fridge to read often, and to quote OFTEN!
I too was so touched by Elder Ballard's talk! What a wonderful and inspiring weekend we had.
I think it's piccolos (if he meant the instrument that is a shorter and higher flute in an orchestra).
Post a Comment