Today is Doug's birthday. I can't wait. I think I finally scored in the gift department. I can't wait to give him his presents. In honor of his day I thought I would tell you just a few of the zillions of reasons why I love Doug.- Doug is the world's best dad. Both of the girls said some form of Daddy as their first word. When the garage door sounds, Libby starts giggling and squealing. Hailey comes into our room every morning and announces that she is there to snuggle her daddy. He told me that in his whole life, his favorite thing to do is to be with them. He also believes that parenting takes two and lets me have down time in the mommy department.
- He makes me laugh every day.
- Doug is an amazing husband. He supports me in what I do, even if he doesn't understand it. He's willing to do things I like to do. He lets me be an individual. He thinks I'm beautiful and tells me so every single day. Not just when I'm in shape. Even when I have lbs to lose. Even when I have a giant zit. Even when I'm pregnant and look like death. Even when I have morning breath. He takes my drama with a grain of salt and actually finds me amusing.
- He is my best friend. He's the first one I call about anything. He understands me. He finishes my sentences. He gently tells me when I'm wrong.
- He goes out to eat at funky places with me and is always up for adventures.
- He can talk about the Jazz game on the way to a symphony.
- He likes to read and discuss books with me
- He gave me my first steak and my first margarita.
- He gives up his own desires for the good of the family. Case in point: he drives a car with the trunk bungee corded shut. Everyone else at his work drives a Lexus. But the civic gets good mileage and is paid off. He thinks that I don't notice when he eyes the S2000 and never complains one word about the fact that you can hear the civic coming from 3 miles away.
- He loves other people, and loves God.
So he's an all around great guy and I'm so glad he lets me share his life with him!


3 comments:
Happy Birthday Doug! That was a very cute blog about your hubby! I am glad he found someone as wonderful as you!
Doug is such a good sport. He truly is a great guy and I am proud to call him a friend. The people at work that drive the showy cars are the ones that lack personality, charm and humor... trust me.. I know! Doug doesn't need a Lexus to be a pure-bred cool guy!
You certainly chose well, as did he!
Post a Comment