Today was 80 degrees. It was glorious. The girls and I spent some time outside coloring on the sidewalk and enjoying the sunshine. Libby was ecstatic about the wind, Hailey was thrilled to create her "masterpiece" on the sidewalk (her word, not mine) and I just loved being with my daughters and seeing their joy.
As I sat and watched the girls I surveyed the yard. We've got a lot of work ahead. It's finally spring and I'm ready to get into the yard and get going. One thing about having a yard that you love is that other things love it too. Weeds, Bugs, and Rodents. Today we were forced to spend a small fortune ridding our yard of the evil infestation of gophers that ate all of my bulbs and, of course, the root system of my prized rose bush. Last year I was terrified to even step foot in my vegetable garden as it was infested with the squash bore beetle. And then there's always the ever present issue of bind weed (morning glory) to contend with. Oh well. "By the sweat of thy brow..." right?


5 comments:
Cute pictures. My first thought was how much Hailey looks just like your Mom in that photo. Maybe just the expression, but I've seen that same photo of Jane I swear!
We needed yesterday, it was so nice. Chaylee actually got sunburned, whoops! Although I hate the pests, I get so excited this time of year. The yard work excites me. I've already had to mow once and three sections of tulips popped out yesterday!
Anyway, I enjoy your posts.
What pretty girls! I love the "masterpiece." It is always so cute to hear big words out of little children.
Knowing Utah...it will snow next week so enjoy the warmth while it lasts. I hope it is nice and warm like that while we are there for Katrina's wedding.
Of course, it would only be good weather while we are out of town. Now that we're back, of course it's snowing in April.
Glad to see your a blogger! It's always nice to see the going ons with friends! Hope all is well!
Nicole
Well at least the girls had fun. I am sorry that you have pets and yard work. Maybe one day I will have a yard... one can dream!
Post a Comment