When I was a teenager I was in a performing group called "Bridges." We went around to "huge" events and sang and danced. We're talking ward parties and things like Ophir Days. We thought we were awesome. Picture "Waiting for Guffman." The most fun part about it was the people that I met and the fun that we had together.
While in Bridges, I learned a game called Doobee Doobee Doo. Tonight I shared it with my Young Women and OOOOOHHH the fun we had. They were skeptical to be sure, but once they got playing they couldn't help but love it just like I did when I was their age. Watching them giggle and experience the simple joy of a goofy game made my night. I wish that they could see that they are beautiful. That they are lovely. That they are God's little girls and that he loves them. And feeling that way about them reminded me that I am God's little girl, and that underneath this Mom- this serious woman- is a silly little girl who finds joy and fun in life.
May I never be released from this calling.
2 years ago

4 comments:
Umm, do I hint a note of sarcasm in that first paragraph of yours? I'll have you know that we still are awesome. We are basically living legends. If you don't believe me, just ask me.
And I think the sign game outdoes Doobee Doobee Doo 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.
But beautiful post. They are lucky to have such a great leader.
You know, no matter how many boats you rock in Young Womens, it's truly obvious why you were called to be in that position...you are a born role model for the young women of today.
I am glad you like your calling. I am getting used to mine.. And it is getting better. I had a good week last week... But sometimes.. I feel like my presidency gives me everything to do and don't appreciate it!
But... I really do enjoy the kids and There are some teachers that thank me for running around all Sunday!
The first paragraph of your blog took me back to my first date with Robert, and the memory made me laugh right out loud. Remember the signing and dancing group that was at Trolley Square?
You remember the rest.
Love you, your young women are lucky to have you!
Post a Comment