Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Good News

At its roots, the word Gospel means Good News.

Today as I sat in church I thought about how happy I am to know who I am. In a world where it seems commonplace to struggle for one's identity, how glad I am to know of mine. I am a Daughter of God. I have a Savior, Jesus Christ. I take his name upon me and I am his disciple. I do not doubt these things. My knowledge is the foundation that has kept (and will keep) me from tumbling down so many times. What a gift it is to have the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as that foundation.

I am far from perfect. I stumble and fall- daily. I have doubts and fears. But each week as I take the Sacrament and recommit myself, I feel clean, new, ready to forge ahead.

As I analyze where my life's truest joy comes from, I see that it is centered totally around the Gospel of Jesus Christ and knowing that I will be with my husband and children for all of eternity. It is sharing this Good News with my children day in and day out that gives meaning and purpose to my every day.

This is the Good News: He lives, the Savior of Mankind. He loves us individually. He is the great mediator. He has and will pave our path into eternity where we can live with our families forever.

Have a blessed Sunday.



Art by Julie Rogers available at http://www.authentiquegallery.com

5 comments:

It"s me said...

What a great thought to start out the week! Thanks Christie!

Liz said...

Beautiful testimony. Thanks for sharing it with others.

Amber Gardiner said...

Thanks for the Good News!

Crystal said...

Beautiful testimony.

Cami said...

You've definitely framed it beautifully.
Thanks for the message.