Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Genetics.


This is my Great-Grandmother. Her name is Cloe. Ever since I was a child, people have told me that I look exactly like her; that my personality is the same. I love my Great-Grandmother. I never met her. She died from a blood clot when my grandma was three years old. But I do feel like I know her. I've read everything I can get my hands on about her. And I have her hair comb and some linens she embroidered. She was dramatic, sassy, strong-willed, a bit overbearing. She loved drama and music and most of all her husband and children. I like to think that we're very good friends she and I. So, what's the consensus? Do we look alike?

10 comments:

Crystal said...

Yeah, I think you look like her. Tim's words were "Yeah, it's psycho how much she looks like her". So, there you go. That's our consensus.

rachel said...

Yes. You are both beautiful :)

LeShel said...

wow, i can see you in each other

Liz said...

Yes you do do look like her. I am glad to figure out who Alice Cloe is. I thought she was someone famous that I was to old to know...
She is beautiful inside and it sounds like she was a wonder within; just as you are. BEAUTIFUL!

si tu veux said...

It certainly doesn't need saying, but you look very much like her. I also see the resemblence in Libby...so she lives on, and on...

Glad you are feeling better. Was good to see you Sunday!

Cami said...

What an amazing!!! resemblance, Christie.
i love old photos. Thanks for showing us.

Jeana said...

You really do look like her. Very cool.

Adrienne said...

Wow! I mean WOW! How cool is it to have this photo and feel the bond of genetics!

Amanda said...

Why yes, yes you do! :)

It"s me said...

Wow! I can totally see her in you!