
May 7, 2009
My Darling Baby Girl,
As I sit to write this letter to you on your second birthday, the first thing that comes to my mind is to tell you how much you were wanted. I begged for you and when I think about the events that led to you being here today I am even more grateful to have you.
You’ve done so much in the past year, grown so much.
Mischief, you love it. I can’t turn my head for fear that you will be into something else. You color on everything, you love my makeup. I’ve called poison control so many times this year that they sent me out an informational packet on how to keep you from being poisoned. “I’m a good mom,” I want to explain to them, “I promise, it’s the child!”
In spite of your naughtiness you are the sweetest little child. I really have a hard time believing that you cried nonstop for the first year of life. You give kisses that melt me. You love to blow kisses into the air at people. You are very snuggly and give great hugs. I love to watch you play pretend with baby dolls. You are so nurturing. You sing and talk in a tiny little voice. Your singing voice is exquisite by the way. You are shy and sensitive.
This year we lived with Grandma and Grandpa Gardiner while we found a new house to live in. It was a hard time for the family because Great Grandma Nina Hansen passed away in October. I was nervous to intrude on Grandma Gardiner because of her grief. To my happiness, you became a great healer for her I think. And for Great Grandpa. Over those months you developed a special bond with them. Great Grandpa loves you so much and calls you his “little EliSSSSSabeth.” I think that your sweet, soft soul was exactly what they needed at that time.
Talking isn’t on your priority list. You’re two and you still only say a couple handfuls of words. You can talk. Every once in awhile you will, but most of the time you use a few basic words to communicate or let your sister do the talking. Here is a key:
DOOCE- Juice
OOF OOF-Dog
MAOW- Cat
NoNos- Naughty things that you have done
Teeth- You want to brush your teeth
Bre- Bread
Baaa- Bath
Weeeee- Outside
Issss- This
Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, Baby
You love: baths, juice, baby dolls, playing outside, books, singing, dancing, but most of all your family (especially sissy).
You don’t love: naps, vegetables, coming inside.
This is you on your second birthday. My love, you are perfection and I am honored to be your,
Mama, Mommy, Mom



My Darling Baby Girl,
As I sit to write this letter to you on your second birthday, the first thing that comes to my mind is to tell you how much you were wanted. I begged for you and when I think about the events that led to you being here today I am even more grateful to have you.
You’ve done so much in the past year, grown so much.
Mischief, you love it. I can’t turn my head for fear that you will be into something else. You color on everything, you love my makeup. I’ve called poison control so many times this year that they sent me out an informational packet on how to keep you from being poisoned. “I’m a good mom,” I want to explain to them, “I promise, it’s the child!”
In spite of your naughtiness you are the sweetest little child. I really have a hard time believing that you cried nonstop for the first year of life. You give kisses that melt me. You love to blow kisses into the air at people. You are very snuggly and give great hugs. I love to watch you play pretend with baby dolls. You are so nurturing. You sing and talk in a tiny little voice. Your singing voice is exquisite by the way. You are shy and sensitive.
This year we lived with Grandma and Grandpa Gardiner while we found a new house to live in. It was a hard time for the family because Great Grandma Nina Hansen passed away in October. I was nervous to intrude on Grandma Gardiner because of her grief. To my happiness, you became a great healer for her I think. And for Great Grandpa. Over those months you developed a special bond with them. Great Grandpa loves you so much and calls you his “little EliSSSSSabeth.” I think that your sweet, soft soul was exactly what they needed at that time.
Talking isn’t on your priority list. You’re two and you still only say a couple handfuls of words. You can talk. Every once in awhile you will, but most of the time you use a few basic words to communicate or let your sister do the talking. Here is a key:
DOOCE- Juice
OOF OOF-Dog
MAOW- Cat
NoNos- Naughty things that you have done
Teeth- You want to brush your teeth
Bre- Bread
Baaa- Bath
Weeeee- Outside
Issss- This
Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, Baby
You love: baths, juice, baby dolls, playing outside, books, singing, dancing, but most of all your family (especially sissy).
You don’t love: naps, vegetables, coming inside.
This is you on your second birthday. My love, you are perfection and I am honored to be your,
Mama, Mommy, Mom
For your second birthday we had Robert and Erin, Grandma and Grandpa Gardiner and Great Grandpa Hansen over for dinner and cake. What a fun time we had celebrating you, our little Libby.




8 comments:
She will love reading this when she's all grown up.
What a cutie.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIBBY!
How cute is that! You ARE a good mom! When you are under investigation from the poison control (which you won't be btw) we will enter your blog in as evidence!!!
Wow! That has been a quick two years! You are right it is hard to believe or even remember Libby crying that first year! She is such a happy little person now!
Love your pictures! You have a beautiful family!
That's very sweet. She is darling. Happy birthday little Libby!
beautiful post. so lovely to read the events of this sweet baby's life. she does bring Grandpa a lot of delight, as do each of his greats. He speaks of them each, and often. thanks for sharing your little libby with us. hope this finds you well, and feeling well.
What a sweet baby! Now for the terrible twos!
Happy Birthday sweet darling Libby!
That is incredibly sweet, and what a treasure for Libby to have. She is so cute!
Post a Comment