Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Libbynese


Libbynese

If an “oof” and a “maou” had a “cacko” for lunch
Then a dog and a cat had a cracker to munch.
If you are upset ‘cause your “baebeeee” is “guck”
Then your dolly needs saving because it is stuck.
If when you are thirsty you’d care for a “dooce”
Then your mood’s for a drink and not just a juice.
If you respond “goo” when asked of your day,
Then you’re saying “good” in your own little way.
If you ask for some “bre-bre” then you want some bread.
An in spite of hair done you rip it out of your head,
If “aaa”’s what you say when answering yes
And you like to pick out your pants or your dress.
If your much bigger “sissy”'s your person of choice,
And folks have to be quiet to hear your small voice,
If when you say “baaa” you’re saying bye bye,
And blowing sweet kisses right into the sky.
If your wave’s a still hand while bending your fingers.
and your sweet singing voice is the best of all singers,
If when you say please it comes out “peeeeee-eeeeeze”
If you get what I’ve said then you speak Libbynese!

13 comments:

rachel said...

Love it! You are so clever and she is so adorable!!

si tu veux said...

Great. This would make a great story book...need an illustrator?

So cute. Thanks for sharing.

Crystal said...

Did you write that? It's so cute.

Amber Gardiner said...

So cute, but you know THAT is the NORM rather than Hailey-speak...right?

Erin Axson said...

I loved it! I'm afraid I have heard Libby say 'Slanta Clause' as clear as a bell... so I think her own little secret language is all just to throw us adults off! She is a smart little stinker.

Liz said...

Now if Amy could just figure out what Carsen Rose is speaking. It's all the vowel and constant sounds and "Wapiti" is the only word understood. When she talks otherwise, i.e. wanting food, cracker, lunch, talking with Macie she talks English, the rest of the time who knows what is said but it is constant.
I LOVED your poem about Libby.

LeShel said...

that's a cute girl and a cute mom.

Adrienne said...

Cute girl! Cute poem - very creative! You should take the gal who offered to illustrate up on it and get it published.

Jeana said...

Cute poem, Christie. I loved it. It's funny that we all know our children's "language" and can understand it fluently; if only we could get nursery leaders to understand it too.

Drizzle said...

So cute! I like the book idea! With some cute illustrations, I'd buy it.

Wendy Evans said...

You are so talented. I love, love this poem! You have the cutest little girls! Great job, Mom and Dad!

Jenney Rees said...

That is very cute! You are so creative.

suzie said...

That is one of the most mellifluous poems I have ever read, and she is so dang cute!