Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Holy Temple

As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I believe in temples and so I believe in personal revelation, in redemption, and in selfless acts of service for those who cannot do for themselves. I love the temple. When I go there I feel peace, love, and brotherly kindness. I feel like it is a small window on this earth through which I can reach up my arms and be embraced by heaven. What happens there is not secret, it is sacred. It is beautiful, surprisingly simple, and in disappointment to many, not very strange.

When I feel like a person or entity is attacking what I hold most sacred it is hard to stand by without a fight- I am a fighter. However, it serves no purpose to give ammunition to those that would seek to blaspheme the temple. And so I will do as instructed in Matthew 5:44 "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you and persecute you." Doing so will make me a little more like Him. I am so thankful that I have been endowed in a Holy Temple, that in a Temple I was sealed in eternal marriage to my husband so that death cannot break the ties that bind me to him and our two children.

The temple is a beautiful place, my hope is that all will go there and partake of the joy that is found within the arms of its doors.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I agree with every word. I love that video. Did you make it to the Draper open house yet?

Liz said...

Your testimony of the temple and the love that you feel in your soul, is so beautifully expressed.
I believe and remember hearing in a General Conference that we need to realize that we will always have persecution because it is the truth and Satan is trying so hard to destroy the Lord's plan. We should be every so grateful for the truth that we have, even though at times it is hard to listen to the criticism or deal with others who would choose to make light of something so sacred and dear to us.
Thanks for your message and for posting the video.

Drizzle said...

The one good thing that came from this for me was it made me really think. Am I treating other religion's sacred things with the same respect that I was hoping others would show towards mine? It really makes me realize that I need to be more selective in the movies and tv shows I will watch in the future.

rachel said...

I love that video! Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony. I so appreciate and admire your willingness to stand up for what you believe and I think you did it perfectly here.