Monday, January 12, 2009

RESOLVED

I'm about a month behind. I'm just now getting around to this. For the sake of accountability I am posting my New Year's resolutions.

Spiritual

  • Attend the temple once a month
  • Read the entire Book of Mormon again
  • Read Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage
  • Accomplish deeper spiritual goals outlined in my journal.
Health

  • Lose 7 lbs
  • Make healthy meals for my family
  • Run the entire 5K during the Race for the Cure
  • Purchase and learn how to use a food dehydrator
  • Take an iron pill and a multivitamin every day
  • Eat 3 well rounded meals daily
  • Stop Chewing Ice

Family

  • Have a weekly date with Doug- even if it's at home.
  • Put Hailey on some sort of Rules/Chore/Reward/Discipline system and stick to it.
  • Teach Hailey to read well
  • Resurrect Fun Fridays (where I take the day off of everything except the kids. Hailey's current schedule in school will make this harder but not impossible!)
  • Stick to the budget I developed
  • Learn to "saavy shop"
Intellectual and Personal

  • Read 52 books
  • Write a novel
  • Touch the Ocean
  • Conquer a fear
  • Accomplish something great
  • Take a class
  • Learn how to use my camera
  • Make at least 3 really good friends in my new neighborhood
  • Get my house and yard to reflect who we are. Make this house a home.

And because it's always interesting here are the goals I accomplished from last year's resolutions.

Be who I am, where I am. Learn to embrace the time in my life for what it is. No more looking back. No more wishing for the future at expense of the present.
I really learned how to do that and it made my life so much happier.

Be softer
I tried and I'm going to continue to try to do this. I'm a strong person and being soft doesn't come easily to me.

Think before I speak.
Um, same response. A work in progress.

Go easier on myself and others. Love people and myself for what they can give me instead of focusing on what they can't.
I'm doing much better here.

Attend the temple monthly.
50%, terrible showing. I'm hoping that my proximity to family to help with the kids and proximity to the temple itself will help me this year. There are no excuses though!

Read 52 books (excepting children's books)
I read 43. Not bad, will do better this year.

Get Scuba certified.
Nope

Have FHE every week.
Yup.

Personal Spiritual Goals Outlined in my journal
Some yes, some no. Can do better on all of them.

Lose 15 lbs.
Yup, lost more than that!

Walt Disney said, "Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiousity keeps leading us down new paths."
Happy 2009

6 comments:

Crystal said...

These are great goals Chris! And good job on accomplishing so many last year. I didn't do as well on mine. Why stop chewing ice though? Is it bad?

Jenney Rees said...

I like your one from last year about not looking back or focusing too much on the future. I need to use that one in my own life.

si tu veux said...

Hey Christie...I am pretty sure I have a decent Jazz offer for you...need to get in touch sometime. Hope all is well. With the move in and the settling in. Love and hugs ♥

si tu veux said...

thought i would say that is quite a list of resolutions. you are so good at that. i still need to talk to you...oh, sometime. anyhow. hope your sabbath was pleasant and restful, and that you are doing okay. i have been worried with what i keep hearing. hmmmm. okay, well you are in our prayers., and your cute little family, too.

Wendi said...

Hey Christie--Just saw you have a blog on your facebook! How fun! I have one too--inawesomewonder.blogspot.com.


P.S. I want to be one of your 3 new friends in the neighborhood! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, if I had time to make a list like that, I would feel terrible at the end of the year because I KNOW I wouldn't be able to accomplish even half. That is why I don't put too many expectations on myself, that way I am not let down! LOL! I bet you will get them all accomplished! It was great to hear from you. I am so glad you have made it to our neck of the woods or valley or mountain side! Welcome to Cedar Hills. We would love to get together sometime with you guys... Talk to you soon!