Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Conquering a Fear

A couple months ago we went hiking with Robert and Erin and our kids to Battlecreek Falls. At the top of one of the falls was evidence that people had been rappelling. I said, "NO WAY. I would never do that." To my chagrin, everyone agreed saying things like, "Yeah, you really never would do something like that." They then began laughing, "Can you just see her trying?" HAHAHA CHORTLE CHORTLE CHORTLE.

To Robert, Erin and Doug:

I laugh in the face of your chortle.

I'm going rappelling on Thursday. My longest rappell? 100 feet. I can't wait.


...but really I'm terrified and typing this at 12:32 a.m. because I am so scared. EEK! Rappelling...what an irresponsible thing for a mommy to do!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Enjoy!

thefirewoman said...

I just got back from camp and zip-lining. You can totally do this!!

Adrienne said...

You have already done this I am guessing, because it is now Saturday, but I would not have laughed at the idea of you doing this!! I would have said, "Come on, I'll do it with you!" My longest rappel: 270 ft mostly free fall off the Delaware Water Gap! It is a blast!!!!