Dear Libby,
It's finally "may sevenf" your "birfday." You've been waiting for this day for a very long time; asking me if it's time yet. Ages and ages in kid time.
Last night your Dad and I were talking. I mentioned that I wished I could go back to myself during that first year of your life, when it was so hard because you were in so much pain. I wish that I could go back and show myself what a sweet, soft, fun and delightful little soul you are. But then daddy pointed out to me that it is good that I can't do that. Because experiencing that with you showed us how much we loved you. We stood by you through that horrible year and loved you with our whole hearts without even knowing the sweetheart you really were under all that pain. That's kind of lovely don't you think?
This year your favorite thing has been going to Dance. You have loved every single minute of it and every night in your prayers you pray that it will be "sursday" so that you can go to dance. (You also pray over dinner that the food will "get in ours bodies" which always reminds me of a movie and makes me laugh). You are also taking swimming lessons with mom and I have to admit that it is the highlight of my Friday to get in the pool with you.
Your best buddy is definitely your big sis Hailey, but coming in a close second is your cousin Annaka. It has been so much fun to live closer to Annaka so that you can grow up together. You are also very partial to visiting Aunt Ambo's house where it is fun.
You also love: playing outside, your grandparents, your aunts/uncles, Henry, camping, swimming, painting, play doh, eating, anything pink, blue baby and pink baby, your blankie, the "Castle on a Cloud" song, reading books, baths, playing with friends, singing, pounding the piano, poly pockets, skirts, dress ups, and hanging out with Dad, Mom and Hai.
I love spending my days with you; soaking in all of your sweetness before you are old enough to go to school. You aren't a baby anymore. And while this breaks my heart (and makes me happy), it is exciting for you. You're a beautiful little girl Elisabeth. Being your mother is such an honor.
May your third year here with us on earth be exquisite. May you grow and sing and dance and play and love and be everything God made you to be.
I love you,
Mom.


3 comments:
Aunt Ambo loves Libby too!
That made me cry a little and want to hug her right away!
That's very sweet. She's such a cutie, and so precious. Great birthday pics.
She is beautiful and precious. I love that you are soaking up her sweetness. What a thought! Our kids really do make us better every day of their lives. Beautiful expression, she is lucky to have such a tender mother.
Post a Comment