This is my brother. He drives me crazy. He makes me laugh. He's one of a handful of my best friends in the world. This week he called me from school and asked for my opinion on his application for his internship in DC. It meant a ton to me. It meant that my brother who is much more intelligent than am I recognized that I have a brain. For a minute he made me feel like an intellectual instead of an un-graduated college drop out. Then last night I came home from the women's conference to find Doug and Rob in a heated game of Call of Duty. I was moaning over my health issues. Robert said, "Is there anything I can do." To which I replied, "Unless you know how to remove tumors, no." And he said, "I would take it for you if I could." And I knew in my heart that he meant it. Lest I get too emotional he quickly followed it up with some joke and started making me crazy again- on purpose I might add.The long and the short of it is that I'm so glad he's my brother- even when he makes me insane.


4 comments:
That's very sweet Chris. I'm glad you guys are so close now. That is wonderful.
...tear...
Goodness, the thoughts I have. Brothers are amazing. I am glad for you having him there. Sorry to hear about your tumors, I didn't know. The pain.... Please take care, what are you doing for them? stacie
I too love that brother of yours! He is a pretty amazing man.
Post a Comment