Monday, September 15, 2008

Are we crazy?

Yes, that is a for sale sign in front of my house. MY house. The house that I willed to be mine. The house that was on National TV. The house that I brought home my second baby to. The house that I have labored inside and out to make beautiful!

Are we crazy?

Because of the amazing deal we got on this house we have a lot of equity. Then there's the fact that houses in this price range are still selling fairly quickly. Plus, as we know, the economy is in the toilet and so there are just a ton of homes in foreclosure. Another opportunity to find a great deal and use future equity to our advantage! We want to find something closer to Doug's work (and civilization). The best deals to be had are on larger homes, so we'll rent our our basement since we don't need the room further helping the equity situation. There are deals to be had folks and we're out to find one. Our first house gave us a little in equity. This house will give us a little more. We're hoping that if the economy turns up we can get a lot of equity from our next house (within 2-3 years or whenever the economy turns back up). Our plan is that we will be able to pay cash for a house in a matter of a few more years. Sounds like a no brainer right?

Wrong!

I'm settled here. I love my neighborhood, ward, my calling with the young women. I'm on the PTA. I'm in the process of being elected to the school community council. I'm settled and happy.

I keep having to look at the bigger picture, and how wonderful it would be to own a home free and clear in my early thirties.

I'm SO CONFUSED!

8 comments:

Crystal said...

That would be a very hard decision. I hope whatever is best for you guys, is what will work out.

I say go for it!

Marla said...

I haven't even noticed the sign out front. You are the best but you are right there are deals to be had.

Liz said...

I can't believe that you are selling. Where are you thinking of moving and what type of home do you want?

Christie Gardiner said...

We're not as interested in a specific home so much as a home with a lot of potential for equity so that we can flip it in a couple years.

Amanda said...

Good call Christie!! Very, very smart move, especially with how the economy is going.

It"s me said...

Good luck! What a super hard choice!

si tu veux said...

your home is beautiful...what I have seen...good luck with everything. with your ability you will make any house a home.

Jessica said...

Dave and I were shocked when we saw the sign after Caleb's soccer game. I wish you luck, even though that means you guys will leave.