Christie Gardiner for forgetting that her child had early out day and having to be called by the front office of the Elementary School at which point she grabs second child who happens to have pulled out her hair elastics for the third time, and has covered her entire face in marker. Christie furiously tries to remove the marker by reaching to the backseat while stearing with the other hand. She arrives at the school runs (in husband's flip flops) in where she is greeted by a furious child "YOU FORGOT ME? HOW COULD YOU?"
Acceptance Speech:
"I would like to thank the stupid Alpine school district for having early out days on Mondays which is ridiculous. Also, the teacher of my child who didn't call me and let my child sit outside alone until an office worker noticed her on the grass. And finally I'd like to thank my genetics and environment for the creating of my scatterbrain."
2 years ago

3 comments:
Oh I earned that award so many years ago that it is not up for grabs.
Don't worry so much. Most parents do that at least once. (We have early out on Fridays)
I'm sure it won't be the last time-- I know I've been super later picking up my kids from classes before. Don't sweat it!
Post a Comment