Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day

Well, for all interested parties, yesterday's first day in Kindergarten was a huge success. Hailey was thrilled with her class, teacher, school, new clothes, and new friends. I was proud of her as she immediately took care of the kids who were sad and was very friendly. She didn't bat an eye that I left her there. I really don't know what I did to luck out with such an amazing little girl!

P.S. The part of the story Hailey will never know...at least till she sends her own little one to school... As I left her I heard a neighbor lady call my name and I completely ignored her as I sprinted to my car, buckled Libby in, and barely made it to my seat before falling apart. I had to call my mommy.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, she looks so grown up and so confident! The beginnings of the outside world coming in and it isn't all bad, in fact most of it isn't. I am glad that she had such a great day and was the Hailey we all know.

Crystal said...

She looks adorable. Did you straighten her hair? Glad she loved it so much. I can't believe how fast these 5 years have gone with these two.

Amber Gardiner said...

The new haircut is sooooo cute!

Seriously, the thought of Hailey at school directing and helping her fellow students, makes me chuckle a little! She's a doll!

Sherilyn said...

She looks like a little adult! I believe it when you said you fell apart, I am sure that will happen to me next year. I hope she does really really well and is running the school by age 8. Love you guys!!!

It"s me said...

She is so super cute! I can't believe that she is old enough! WOW! I am sure she had a blast!

Marla said...

She looks so CUTE! I have to tell you lucky girs have lucky moms. she did not fall to far from the apple tree!

jill said...

What a doll! This is the first time that I thinks she looks a little like you. (Yes, you are a doll too.)

Patti Smith said...

I just have to let you know that I think she is the most kind, caring 5 year old on the block! I don't know about school, but in Primary, she is amazing towards the others in her class, especially my Clara. I will always appreciate that quality in Hailey, Thank You!