
On my way home from the gym on Monday night I was stopped at a light. On my left there was a "no U turn" sign. Because I see everything in the world as some sort of metaphor, I started to think about my life. Sometimes in the past, I have gotten caught up in looking back- wanting to go back and change things or experience things again. For once I feel like I am at a place in my life where I have no desire to look back. I wouldn't do anything differently than I did it and I wouldn't rather be there. Even the mistakes that I have made, and there have been many, have lead me to where I am now and it is a wonderful place to be. The husband, children, roles, accomplishments, goals and ambitions that are in my life are mine and I love them.
Then the light turned green. And I cried tears of joy. "Go" it screamed. "Go, Go, GO." So here I go. Recently I read something that reminded me that I am at the threshold of my life. I haven't arrived. I can change who I am at any moment. Without going backward. Without U turns. I decide who I want to be. I move forward. I think that the most miraculous thing about this life is that we have the opportunity (if we'll take it) for rebirth every day.
Today, I hit the gas. Pedal to the Metal. I "GO" and I am better today than I was yesterday. Not in spite of what I was, but because of it. And because of God's Grace and Mercy I don't need a U-Turn. My life is more brilliant in the road ahead. I can almost see it, but for now, I just love the road I'm on.

4 comments:
Ed Louis said, 'We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not by the worst that has been done to us.' True happiness has come into my life when i realize that i define me. I define what my life will stand for, where i will take it and who I will take on the journey with me! Moving forward without apology, leave the hazards off (sticking with the analogy!), and take this joyride called life!
beautifully inspiring Chris
You're waxing poetic again. =)
You know.. I feel the same. I am finally at the point of just realizing that all I have gone through or done or experienced has made me who I am. Even though I don't love all of it... It truly has made me who I am.
Post a Comment