Friday, May 11, 2012

Just another ordinary miracle today...

Today I'm holding my sweet baby boy. I'm smelling his neck and kissing his lips. And I'm so thankful that I can. Leila told me about an obituary today and after she left I read it. The woman was beautiful in her picture. Thirty-Three years old. Happy and full of life. She has two kids at home. She is a performer. She loves to sing her kids to sleep. Last week, when I had Christian, she had a baby too. She got an endometrial infection. So did I. From May 7-a few days ago our lives were very much the same. But she died. She died and I came home. I don't know why. I know that Heavenly Father loves her and her family as much as he loves me and mine. Why did I get a miracle? Why did she not? I don't understand. But I am thankful that I am here. Even though the past days will easily count amongst the hardest of my life, I am left here. Watching my girls and husband jumping on the trampoline with my irises blooming around them. Holding a perfect baby that is the fulfillment of my dreams. My doctor's words "Had you waited an hour or two more, you would be dead." echo in the wind coming through the screen. Instead, a miracle. Tonight before I go to bed I'll say a prayer for that little familly whose mother, although in paradise, surely wishes she could be with her family.

**Details on our new baby to come!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Although, I expect our friendship to last through the eternities, I am deeply grateful that I have more time here with you my dear sweet friend. Your life is truly blessed with many miracles. Love you!

Cami said...

No small miracle, that.
Such unnerving similarities, too.
I'm so glad to hear news of your sweet baby's arrival.
Congrats to you, Doug and your girls!

Jeana said...

I'm so glad you made it through okay and have a beautiful baby. Love you.

thefirewoman said...

What an amazing experience. I'm so grateful for your new little miracle and that all is going well. Miss you!!