Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Children

The past few days have been so sweet with my girls. I treasure being with them. Being a mom reminds me of last fall when I sat next to the river in American Fork Canyon and watched it for a solid hour. The river was the same but each moment the water was different. Time slips past, ever rushing by. Trying to hold on to your children is like trying to hold on to water in a river. Most of the time I look at the children and they are the same river to me. Then I stop and realize that every day they are the same river but different water; ever evolving wholes. It crushes me and renews me. How truly blessed am I to be a mother...it's going so fast.

2 comments:

Jeana said...

That's a great analogy. I guess the kids weren't with you if you were able to watch it peacefully for an hour. =)

Cami said...

It is a good analogy.

I've been trying to make peace with the river that keeps aging my children, rushing my babies away from me, but it's coming. Baby hunger doesn't haunt me so much anymore. A little sister hunger, as my daughter doesn't have one, but the baby hunger, no.