Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hailey's Swim Team Experience

Hailey had a great time on the HAST Summer Swim Team this year. It was fun for her to be active every day. She became a dark shade of brown and had amazing muscles. She also was able to become closer to her cousin Jordan as they were on the same team. This was our first year on swim team so it was a learning year, but we loved it! We especially loved coming to the pool and swimming as a family then pausing to watch Hailey's events. It was quite bonding. I'm bummed I didn't get a lot of family pictures, but these awesome pictures of Hai swimming are mostly from Beva! Hailey swam the 25 freestyle, 50 freestyle, 25 backstroke and 50 backstroke. Hailey, my girl, you were stunning. I can't wait to watch you swim next year!

Daddy and Libby swim while waiting for Hailey's Event

Daddy and Libby going down the red slide. Fun!
Hailey wants to play while waiting for her events, maybe not the best strategy, but definitely the most fun!
Me going down the slide with Annaka.
Doug is an awesome dad and played with our kids and the cousins for hours.
Annaka, Hailey and me.
Here I am cheering for my girl.
Beautiful!
Swim Hailey! Backstroke.
TIRED!
Back the other way!
Hailey's coach Emily gives her some advice.
I am having this picture framed on my wall. What a gorgeous girl.
Finished with a 25.
Go Hailey, go!
25 backstroke.
So pretty.
Sassy, even in the water. Never camera shy this one.
Take your mark!
Libby, Annaka and Hailey. What a sweet picture!
Libby girl and her daddy.
Smiley.
All of her ribbons and her top performer's trophy.
At tryouts. It was pouring rain and 55 degrees. Look at everyone wearing coats!
After the tryout.
With her coach right before her very first race.
Taking her mark on her first race. She was so nervous, her little hands were shaking. I was bawling. She's amazing!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Go Hailey!

Lauren said...

I love your pictures. Hailey looks like a natural. I wish you many more swim team summers :).