My dearest blog readers,
Today I went to Wal-Mart. As I approached the entrance, I saw a group of boy scouts. I was still across the parking lot when it dawned on me what they were doing: an Eagle Scout Project. About two steps later I saw a poster with pictures of little children; little black children. And although there was nothing identifying on the poster, the second I saw it I just knew. "It's our orphanage!" I said to Hailey. I started to cry and I started to run.
You probably know that Doug and I are in the process of adopting from Haiti. If you didn't know, SURPRISE.
And sure enough, it WAS a project focused on collecting items to send to our very orphange. I looked at the giant bin the scouts had set up and the things inside it. I was bawling and saying, "those things are for my baby." (Because until I know a name, a face and an age, they are all my potential babies.) The boys probably thought I was crazy, but I don't care. The cool thing is that I have been trying to figure out a way to send some of these much needed items into the orphanage, but with the way things are you have to send a container. I, obviously, have no way of sending a container. So anyway, I called the boy's mother and figured out that they are working with a team who is trying to finish the orphanage (which is currently under construction) by hurricane season. THANK GOD! It has weighed down my mind that these poor babies are living in a tent city. I'm glad that someone has figured out how to get their building finished. The problem is that even when it's done they have NOTHING!!! So this team has collected the funds to send a container.
This presents me with a wonderful opportunity. I am collecting the following needed items to send in the container with this Eagle Scout (GOD BLESS EAGLE SCOUTS!!!) If you feel so inclined you are welcome to donate one of the following things:
Twin Sheet Sets
Twin Mattress Protectors
Queen Sheet Sets
Pillows
Baby Cribs
Blue Fitted Crib Sheets
Pink Fitted Crib Sheets
Crib Mattress Protectors
Safari Bouncers
High Chairs
Toddler Bouncers
Disney Swing
Boys and Girls Play Gyms
Boys Briefs sizes 2T-10
Girls Briefs sizes 2T-10
Pull-Ups
Also, if you would like to make a monetary donation in any amount, I would be happy to buy the item and give you the receipt.
Please drop them to me by the 31 of this month (just a few days!!!).
From the future mommy and on behalf of all of the future mommies of these babies, I thank you with all of my heart.
Love,
Christie
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment