"...All you need is Faith and Trust...and just a little bit of Pixie Dust." Sir James Barrie.
I have a problem with Faith. I want to be faithful. I don't want to be full of fear but I am.
Tomorrow I will go in for Surgery. I have so many fears. Will I be okay? Will they find cancer? Will I wake up without a uterus? Will my tummy ever look okay again? Will my girls be okay? Will Doug be able to take care of everything? Will Libby still want to be held when I can again hold her in six weeks? Will I get fat sitting on my rear for six weeks? Will I say or do something humiliating while drugged? Will it hurt too much? Will I ever be able to have another baby? Will taking my monster tumor out be enough? But most of all, will I come out of surgery? Will I get to be wife to Doug and mother to these two girls? Do I get more time?
It all comes down to Faith and Fear. Logically, I tell myself what I know; that God has a plan for my life. That He is in charge. That He will take care of me and my family. That everything will end up just as it should. But that is Faith. Emotionally I am so worried. I guess it means I need to trust Him more.
It's amazing how all of my selfish ambitions and wants have dissipated over the past week. I don't want anything but what I have. I want my husband, the smell of his neck when he walks in the door from work and hugs me. I want Hailey to entertain me, to surprise me with her antics. I want Libby to give me rainbow kisses and stroke my face. I want to watch Doug read to the girls, wrestle with them. In the mornings I want to wake up to a little-girls-invaded bed as the first morning lights come in through my window. I want to be here with them.
God has always taken care of me. I've always been protected. I don't know why I'm so afraid. I could use that Faith, Trust and Pixie dust. But then my mind turns to Nephi in 2 Nephi. I feel just like him...
16 Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard.
My soul DOES delight in things of the Lord and my thoughts are most often of an eternal nature.
17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.
Why do I sin by being full of fear?
18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily abeset me.
I am tempted to trust myself more than Jesus, more than the Father? I am easily tempted to fear.
19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.
Nevertheless I too know in whom I have trusted. My heart is full of fear, but my thoughts and pleadings are turned to Him.
20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
Look at all that I have been through and yet I haven't sunk yet.
21 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.
I've had more love than I deserve.
22 He hath confounded mine enemies, unto the causing of them to quake before me.
23 Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given me knowledge by visions in the night-time.
24 And by day have I waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me.
25 And upon the wings of his Spirit hath my body been carried away upon exceedingly high mountains. And mine eyes have beheld great things, yea, even too great for man; therefore I was bidden that I should not write them.
26 O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?
My hope is that my heart will stop weeping and that I will stop lingering in the valley of sorrow. That I will be strong tomorrow.
2 years ago

9 comments:
We are praying for you and we love you! If you need anything just let us know!
You have family in Virginia that will be praying for you!
Christie, you will be okay. I understand your fear and think it's totally normal to feel that way. Heavenly Father will take care of you and your family. We will all be here for you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers all day. Love you.
In tears and weeping, "we love you and will be praying for you". You are a very special and beautiful daughter of God and He does love you and has a beautiful plan for you. Thank you for your beautiful words of perspective and the important things in life.
Aunt Liz and Uncle Kim
Christie, Doug, and beautiful girls ♥ Constant prayers. I wish I had the faith to give you. I fear that I too have too much fear. But, I have tried to live by this:
"All the strength you need is within you now, it was put there by your creator who knew well what you would face in this life and made you equal to it."
I give it to you, all of you. You have the strength somewhere inside you to deal with whatever the outcome is. He will walk with you, everyone of you, and yes, you have many many prayers that will be constant in your behalf tomorrow, and for the months of recovery to come. ♥ Thanks for sharing so openly. We all have a lot we learn from each other as we invite kinship through honesty.
Oh, gorgeous post. Christie, Nephi's soliloquy is one of my favorites of all scripture!! Your name is ever present in the temple and my prayers go with you tomorrow.
It is interesting to me that you end with the statement... I hope I can be strong tomorrow.
Why? You are ALREADY strong THIS day. THIS moment!! You will be strong because it is not WILL it is IS!
We often lack the insight to see in side ourselves and see what we are.
YOU ARE STRONG. You are beautiful, YOU ARE FAITHFUL, you are a daughter of GOD, HE loves YOU!!
May you find peace this evening through prayer and stillness. May tomorrow pick you up and bring calm.
May you find answers and open windows.
LOVE YOU
You know--your thoughts were so deep as you pondered those verses of scripture. What comes to my mind is--you've had amazing revelation. I would feel EXACTLY as you do. And from reading this post, seeing the insight you had in reading the scriptures--You ARE going to be okay. I really and truly feel that.
I'll be thinking of you and you'll be in our prayers!
Sweet, darling girl! How much we all love you and your little family! It will be okay! I know it.
Nevertheless, all my prayers are with you for a speedy and as comfortable as possible recovery.
Post a Comment