Thursday, June 18, 2009

Welcome to the world little Henry.

Today, June 17th 2009, Robert, my brother, and Erin, his wife, gave birth (technically Erin did that part) to their son, Robert Henry Axson. He was born at 2:05, was 6 lbs, 11 oz, and was 19 inches long. He's perfect. I remember my dad picking me up at a relatives house in 1983 and telling me that we were going to see my new baby brother. He took me to LDS hospital. I climbed on the bed with my mother and stared into my brother's eyes. Today in the very same walls where I saw my brother for the first time, I saw him becoming a father. Priceless. To see him bathe his baby and to hold a new life, fresh from the arms of God and loved ones, was a memory I will always hold dear. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

I also should say that I was able to have this moment kid-free because of my sister that technically isn't my sister, but for the way I feel about her may as well be. Amber, thank you.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Congrats Chris, to Erin and Robert and you too! It was a really bonding moment when Dustin had his first child as well. I remember the feeling.

LeShel said...

Congratulations