Since my first tumor diagnosis in 2005, I had the miracle of Libby and was told that was it. I have been through medical mazes, we've lost money to failed adoption, Doug's nursed me through two surgeries, I've seen over 13 specialists and have been to 26 medical facilities. I totally changed my diet. Recently we were told that the only way I would ever bear a child would be to be put into medically induced menopause for two years and then do in vitro which would have only a 15% success rate...if that. Oh, and it would cost us 15 grand. That was out. So we looked back toward adoption, which I have ALWAYS thought would be part of the plan. Try as we might, pray as we might, we could make nothing feel right or work smoothly. Then this unexpected miracle!
The day we found out was filled with tears and praising God.
It's been really hard since then. I have to have 2 shots of Lovenox in my stomach every day, I see my OB about once a week and the Perinatologist once a week and a blood draw twice a week. I started with the hyperemesis week 5 and, as with the girls, it has only continued to climb in intensity. I also have to deliver our little poppyseed at 36 weeks (I'm hoping I'll have a small baby and stretch that out to 37 weeks) as I am at a high risk for uterine rupture. I'll then have a hysterectomy with my c-section. Due to my pregnancy's high risk, we had wanted to wait awhile to share our news but things have become really hard for me (meaning that I look HORRIBLE, puke and cry a lot) so it's kind of obvious. I'm so thankful to know that I won't have to go through this forever...I know what comes at the end is worth it.
We ask for your continued prayers that all may go well and that the baby and I will be safe. Also, I ask for your patience with me as I temporarily weed out pretty much everything in my life...even the important stuff.
We have already been the recipients of so many random acts of kindness. On my hardest days, it is comforting to know that God is great and that he has sent so many people to love me and bear me up. The unbearable stress that I have had for the past three years regarding our family being "missing someone" is gone. What a weight that has been lifted!
See the little blobby inside the big blobby? That's our kid...P.S....We sincerely don't care, but I think it's a boy!

12 comments:
HOORAY! I am SOOOOO happy for you! What a miracle and no one is more deserving!
Congratulations. We are so excited for you guys!
:)
Congratulations! That is WONDERFUL news!
Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you!
How absolutely truly wonderful. I am amazed and humbled by your miracle. Congratulations. My prayers will be with you.
Oh Christie! Of course, I am so thrilled for you!
Prayers will be galloping toward heaven for you and your little one.
Much love to you!
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I am so HAPPY for you. I'll be sure to tell my mom.......she'll be excited too.
WOW! What a beautiful surprise for you and your family. This is a tender mercy and a beautiful miracle. Please be careful and if you ever need help call and ask for anything. Our prayers will be with you and our sincerest prayers will be of a wonderful ending sometime in spring. My God watch over you and guide everyone involved with your care. We love you. ♥♥♥
Christie!!! I am so excited for you!! You are an amazing woman!!!
Amazing! I'm so happy for you!
That's amazing! Congratulations!
Post a Comment