I love and loathe the first day of school. And for the first time in over seven years I will have two hours, twice a week alone. Weird. It so reminds me of the little hole in my heart where a baby should be. I ADORE my children and I can't stand sending Hailey off to school! I dropped her off, pulled over a block away from the school and bawled hard for 1 minute. The fact of the matter is, I love having her around. She is fun and she makes my days brighter. (Remind me to remind myself of this when the first week of summer rolls around next year, the girls are fighting, and I say "This girl needs to go back to school!!!") As far as Libby's school, she started preschool with a parent/child day so it wasn't emotional. I really see it as more of a playgroup for her.
I do love seeing Hailey so excited to learn, to socialize, to grow up. She is absolutely amazing and I did enjoy helping her get ready for the big day.
Lest you think I love Hailey more because I have included three pictures of her and only two of Libby, don't blame me! Blame the blondie in the beret. She would NOT smile! Maybe I should put one of the grouchy pictures in here to prove it!

1 comment:
Way cute.
Post a Comment