Saturday, July 3, 2010

About Amber, my sister; and a polite invitation for ANONYMOUS to...ahem...shove it.

This is Amber. She's my sister.
When I married Doug, she came with the package, being that she's married to Doug's best friend (and brother) John. But when I say that Amber is my sister, I don't mean that "LaDeDa, my sister-in-law is like my sister." I mean that honestly and truly I consider this woman my sister.

We are nothing alike, apart from liking books. I humiliate her. She baffles me. We confuse the daylights out of each other. I wear stillettos, she wears keens. But no one in my life is like her. Amber has held my hand through motherhood, held my hair while puking, held my babies when I'd had surgery, held my heart when it was broken so many times. She tells me when I look good, when I look bad, doesn't lie to me when I have a huge zit. She has paved the way for me by being four years my elder and doing everything first which is very convenient when I need advice. She's taught me numerous things from how to do a "pineapple" hairdo to how to be a swim mom. She steals away to movies with me late at night after our kids are in bed. She knows more about the ins and outs of my everyday life than anyone else. She loves me in the way that I imagine "real" sisters to love each other. When one of us is broken, we call the other one to fix us up. We weep together, laugh till tears together, bear our testimonies to each other.

Amber is an amazing mom, wife, mother, desciple of Christ, daughter, friend, and of course sister.

...And real sisters are loyal to each other above all else. When someone hurts me, I can forgive, turn the other cheek, move on. But when someone hurts my sister? Boy Howdy! All that peace, love and forgiveness stuff goes out the window. So I say, to you, anonymous: you have no idea. If you knew Amber the way I know her, if you knew her TRUE history, her present, her heart, if you knew where she had been and where she is going, you would love her wholly and completely like I do. You are so wrong. No matter how much you THINK you know, it is absolutely NOTHING. So please, just shut up for once.


I would refer ANONYMOUS to the Ensign last month which details positive uses of the internet. Maybe you should get a highlighter and read that one.

3 comments:

cmorgan109 said...

To Anonymous: You are a coward.

To Amber: I am proud to know you and humbled to call you my friend. What a gift it is to me to have had you in my life since the beginning! I love you.

To Christie G: Well said!

Jeana said...

I love you, Amber, and Christie's right: you're an amazing mom, friend, and person altogether. I'm so honored to be a friend of yours.

Adrienne said...

Wow! This is a lovely tribute to the way sisters of the heart develop from friends.

Of course it also brings up the question - WHAT HAPPENED?

No matter - I am sure she feels your love and support!